Sherry on Education
“Every child deserves a great public education, one that includes well-being, safety, a sense of belonging and numerous opportunities to succeed.”
“I believe in Sherry’s efforts to provide equal education for all young people. I strongly endorse her candidacy.”
Carol A. Banks
Former Chair of the West Hartford Board of Education
Sherry Haller is a product of West Hartford public schools and has spent decades fighting for every child’s right to receive a great education. She has the experience we need in the General Assembly.
I will fight for us at the State Capitol to:
- • Ensure that the health and safety of our students, teachers and staff are paramount in the re-opening of our schools; and, provide opportunities for virtual learning for those students whose parents choose to have their children stay home during this pandemic.
- • Fully fund our public schools and get our fair share of Education Cost-Sharing dollars from the state
- • Increase access to early childhood education
- • Enhance STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and preapprenticeship training opportunities
- • Expand educational supports to our district’s culturally-diverse students and families
“Without Sherry’s assistance, the Laborers Union Pre-Apprenticeship Program would never have happened. Her passion along with her drive has changed the lives of many youth, giving them the training, social skills and opportunities to thrive.”
~Ralph Inorio, Laborers International Union of North America
“The Construction Industry needs dedicated leadership who support pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship training. Sherry Haller is a testament to that. The Regional Council of Carpenters proudly endorses Sherry Haller for State Representative.”
~Ernest Pagan, North Atlantic States Regional